How do you get a forklift license:
There are a number of steps necessary to obtain a forklift license – also sometimes referred to as a forklift ticket – to properly and legally complete your forklift hire project. A mandatory training course with a ASG must be undertaken, with a practical and theoretical license assessment required too.
There are three steps to getting a forklift license. These are:
1. Mandatory training course
2. Pass the practical and theoretical assessment
3. Apply to WHS QLD for a 5 year license.
There are also some prerequisites that must be met to obtain a forklift license. These require you to:
· Be at least 18 years of age
· Have a basic understanding of the English language (verbal & non-verbal)
· At the examination, you will need several points of identification (e.g., passport, birth certificate, drivers license)
How many types of forklift licenses are there?
There are a couple of different licenses available in Australia. These include:
· LF: permits you to operate any forklift (with the exception of an order picker/stock picker forklift)
· LO: permits you to ONLY operate an order picker/stock picker forklift
Depending on the type of work required for your forklift project, you will need to look at the different kinds of licenses and pick what suits you.