Find out if you’re eligible for
funding on Certificate II or
Certificate III Courses
WHAT IS CERTIFICATE 3 GUARANTEE?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee program is funded by the Queensland Government. It provides a government subsidy to support eligible individuals to complete their first post-school Certificate 3 Qualification. The Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy for a course is paid to the training provider to reduce the cost of the certificate 3 course to the student. Student contribution fees (co-contribution fees) are additional.
The amount of subsidy provided by the Certificate 3 Guarantee will vary depending on the demand for skilled workers in a particular industry and the needs of the student.
For more information, click through to the Student Factsheet.
A contribution to the cost of training and assessment services — called a co-contribution fee — must be made by students undertaking a certificate III level vocational qualification and non-concessional students undertaking certificate I and/or II level vocational qualifications. The fee may be paid on behalf of the student by a third party. All student fees are payable on day one of course commencement.
|Course Code||Qualification||Delivery Mode||Number of Units of Competency||Student Co-Contribution Non-Concessional Fee||Cost Per Unit||Student Co-Contribution Concessional Fee||Cost Per Unit|
|AUR20220||Certificate II in Automotive Air-conditioning||Face to Face||13||$468||$36||$234||$18|
|AUR20520||Certificate II in Automotive Servicing||Face to Face||20||$300||$15||$150||$7.50|
|AUR20920||Certificate II in Automotive Body Repair||Face to Face||13||$156||$12||$78||$6|
|MEM20413||Certificate II in Engineering Pathways||Face to Face||12||$150||$12.50||$75||$6.25|
|MSM30116||Certificate III in Processing Manufacturing||Face to Face||21||$105||$5||$52.50||$3|
|PMA30120||Certificate III in Process Plant Operations||Face to Face||21||$210||$10||$105||$5|
|UEE22011||Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start)||Face to Face||11||$800||$72.72||$400||$36.36|
The only exceptions to fee conditions are:
- SQW participants — this training is provided fee-free to students with any additional costs met through SQW funding
- Queensland Year 12 graduates undertaking high priority qualifications — this training is provided fee-free to students
- VETiS students — this training is provided fee-free to students with any additional costs met by the school
- lower-level vocational qualifications for concessional students — this training can be provided fee-free to students, as determined by the SAS.
The Certificate 3 Queensland Guarantee program is open to individuals who are:
- Not already holding or undertaking a Certificate 3 or higher level qualification (Certificate 3 qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training are not counted)
- Queensland residents aged 15 years or over
- No longer at school (with the exception of VET in Schools students)
- Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents (including humanitarian entrants), or temporary residents with the necessary visa and on the pathway to permanent residency
Employment status does not matter and nor is there any minimum education requirement, only the standard entry requirements for the course of study.
Note: Eligible individuals must understand that the entitlement under the Certificate 3 Guarantee is for one government subsidised training place in a funded Certificate 3 qualification. It is very important that you take the time to consider and compare your training options and costs, before signing an enrolment form or committing to a course of study which will use up your entitlement.
It is a requirement for all individuals participating in a QLD Government Certificate 3 Guarantee funded program to complete a student training and employment survey within three months of completing or discontinuing the qualification they were enrolled into.