Staff shortages in many industries have led to a decision by the federal government to remove 40 hours per fortnight work limits
Here is what we know so far:
- 40 hours per fortnight work limits will be removed temporarily for international student visa holders working in any industry
- It is estimated that around 400,000 international students will benefit from the uplifting of these restrictions.
- This decision is taken in light of staff shortages due to rising cases of Omicron variant around Australia.
- Last May, the work limitations were removed for students working in the travel and hospitality industries.
- Usually, students have to abide by 40 hours per fortnight work limit while study in session.
- Students can even start working before their study commences.
- This is a temporary change and will be reviewed by government in April 2022