What is Certificate 3 Guarantee?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee program is funded by the Queensland Government. It provides a government subsidy to support eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate 3 qualification. The Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy for a course is paid to the training provider to reduce the cost of the certificate 3 course to the student. Student contribution fees (co-contribution fees) are additional.
The amount of subsidy provided by the Certificate 3 Guarantee will vary depending on the demand for skilled workers in a particular industry and the needs of the student.
Browse our Programs page for more information to help you find the right option for you; and check out the following links to the Queensland Department of Education and Training pages independent advice:
The Certificate 3 Guarantee program is open to individuals who are:
- Not already holding or undertaking a Certificate 3 or higher level qualification (Certificate 3 qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training are nor counted)
- Queensland residents aged 15 years or over
- No longer at school (with the exception of VET in Schools students)
- Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and on the pathway to permanent residency
- Employment status does not matter and nor is there any minimum education requirement, only the standard entry requirements for the course of study.
Note: Eligible individuals must understand that the entitlement under the Certificate 3 Guarantee is for one government subsidised training place in a funded Certificate III qualification. It is very important that you take the time to consider and compare your training options and costs, before signing an enrollment form or committing to a course of study which will use up your entitlement.
Certificate 3 Guarantee Courses
Our current list of Certificate 3 Guarantee Courses. Click the link for more course detail.
CPC10111 >> Certificate I in Construction
CPC20211 >> Certificate II in Construction Pathways
MEM20413 >> Certificate II In Engineering Pathways
FDF30111 >> Certificate III in Food Processing
BSB30115 >> Certificate III in Business
PMA30116 >> Certificate III in Process Plant Operations
(Delivered as part of Vet in Schools program)
Concession – $25 or Non-concession – $50