Certificate II in
The SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality course provides the basic operational hospitality skills to work effectively in a food and beverage environment. It is suitable for all ages and includes a full range of basic key skills including Responsible Service of Alcohol, safety and food hygiene and table service of food and beverage.
The learning is practical and hands-on, providing useful workplace skills and can be contextualized to any hospitality workplace environment. It is ideal for those looking for an entry-level hospitality position.
The SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality qualification consists of 12 units of competency:
- BSBWOR203: Work effectively with others
- SITHIND002: Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITHIND003: Use hospitality skills effectively
- SITXCCS003: Interact with customers
- SITXCOM002: Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXWHS001: Participate in safe work practices
- SITXFSA001: Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFIN001: Process financial transactions
- SITHFAB002: Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITHFAB004: Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
- SITHFAB005: Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITHFAB007: Serve food and beverage
POTENTIAL CAREER PATHWAYS
Barista (Espresso Coffee Machine Operator)
Food and Beverage Attendant
Front Desk Receptionist
(2 nights per week – work placement and independent study additional)
Contact us for details.