This qualification reflects the role of individuals who perform a range of tasks relating to servicing and repairing air conditioning components and systems of cars and heavy vehicles in an automotive service and repair business.
The completion of this qualification enables an individual to apply for an AAC02 – Refrigerant handling licence – qualified persons (Automotive air conditioning licence). Users are advised that the scope of the licence will be contingent on unit of competency selection. Trainee licences also apply to those handling refrigerants while undertaking training. These licences are governed by the Australian Refrigeration Council, which should be contacted for further information.
AUR20220 - CERTIFICATE II IN AUTOMOTIVE AIR
Total number of units = 13
6 core units , plus
7 elective units , of which:
– all 7 units may be from the elective units listed below
– up to 3 units may be from a Certificate I qualification or above in this Training Package or another endorsed Training Package or accredited course.
Elective units chosen must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the overall integrity of the AQF alignment, not duplicate the outcome of another unit chosen for the qualification, and contribute to a valid vocational outcome.
- AURAEA002 Follow environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
- AURASA102 Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace
- AURETR112 Test and repair basic electrical circuits
- AURETU103 Service air conditioning and HVAC systems
- AURETU104 Diagnose and repair air conditioning and HVAC components
- AURTTA118 Develop and carry out diagnostic test strategies
- AURACA101 Respond to customer needs and enquiries in an automotive workplace
- AURAFA001 Use numbers in an automotive workplace
- AURAFA002 Read and respond to automotive workplace information
- AURAFA103 Communicate effectively in an automotive workplace
- AURETR006 Solder electrical wiring and circuits
- AURETR011 Install basic ancillary electrical systems and components
- AURETR116 Read and apply vehicle wiring schematics and drawings
- AURETU001 Install air conditioning systems
- AURETU007 Overhaul air conditioning and HVAC system compressors
- AURETU102 Recover vehicle refrigerants
- AURETU105 Retrofit automotive air conditioning and HVAC systems
- AURTTA009 Carry out mechanical pre-repair operations
- AURTTA104 Carry out servicing operations
- AURTTC103 Diagnose and repair cooling systems
- AURTTE104 Inspect and service engines
- AURTTK102 Use and maintain tools and equipment in an automotive workplace
- AURVTA001 Prepare vehicles for customer use