Find out more about this course
face to face
Monday to Thursday
The RII20115 Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation foundation program will introduce you to the skills and knowledge required to perform a range of hands-on construction operations including: timber joints, marking out, fixing materials all whilst using hand and power tools.
This qualification is intended as a pathway into an Australian Apprenticeship. Some of the units completed during this course can be credit transferred to your apprenticeship.
The RII20115 Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation qualification consists of 9 units of competency:
- RIICCM203D: Read and interpret plans and specifications
- RIIWHS201D: Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIRIS201D: Conduct local risk control
- RIIENV201D: Identify and assess environmental and heritage concerns
- RIICCM201D: Carry out measurement and calculations
- RIISAM201D: Handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely dispose of non-toxic materials
- RIISAM203D: Use hand and power tools
- RIISAM205D: Cut, weld and bend materials
- RIIWHS204D: Work safely at heights
Potential Career Pathways
Australian Apprenticeship in Carpentry
Australian Traineeship in Concreting, Steelfixing or other trade
3 Weeks; Monday to Thursday 8:30am-3pm
Face-to-Face in Brendale
This Course is funded through the Queensland Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee program, and a student co-contribution fee is required:
Eligibility criteria applies.