Our enrolment application process is streamlined and efficient. Our processing times are minimal and responsive. We recommend you contact one of our authorised Education Agents to assist you with the process.
You must not apply for a student visa before you have accepted your offer to study at ASG. Student visas can only be granted for study in courses that are registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
ASG provides the majority of courses using a face-to-face method of training delivery. This tried and trusted method allows students to fully engage with their learning, their peers and their trainers. Our trade skills training is conducted in our custom built trade workshops with a focus on practical, hands-on learning; and knowledge-based training is delivered in fully equipped, classroom environments.
We also engage regularly with Industry to ensure that our course content is current, relevant and ‘trending’; and that the plant, tools, equipment and machinery used, meets industry standards and current practices.
Our focus is on providing job-ready students to meet workforce gaps and shortages.
Our first class facility has been developed in consultation with industry to provide you access to the machines and systems used in the real world, optimising your on-the-job practical experience.
Entry into all our international programs requires:
• IELTS 5.5 or above (or equivalent)
• A minimum of 18 years of age
• Completion of year 12 at school, including passes in mathematics
We also administer a Language, Literacy & Numeracy test (LLN) during Orientation to ensure that you have the required skills to complete the course. This is marked by our trained LLN assessors and allows us to proactively assist you in reaching your academic goals.
Complete the International Application Form and return copies of the following;
• Educational Certificates and Academic History
• English Language Test Results
• Fully completed detailed Genuine Temporary Entrant Assessment Form.
Make sure your current name is added to any documents you supply with your former names (where applicable) and that you have certified translations for any documents that are not in English.
You should apply as early as possible to ensure that a place in your selected course is available to you. Keeping in mind, it can take time to apply for your student visa.
If successful, you will receive a Letter of Offer. This may be a conditional offer made on the condition that you meet certain requirements.
To accept the offer:
• Complete and sign the Enrolment Terms and Conditions & Student Acceptance of Offer.
• Return the required documentation to show you have read, understood and accepted the enrolment terms and conditions.
Before your Letter of Offer expires, you should:
• Pay the tuition fees stated in your Letter of Offer.
• If you have chosen for ASG to arrange your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) include the payment as stated in your Offer letter.
Payment of the full amount should be made in Australian Dollars via one of the following methods:
• Bank Cheque
• International Bank Draft
• Credit Card
• Deposit or telegraphic transfer to the account specified
Once we have received your payment we will issue you with a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE).
Once you receive your Confirmation of Enrolment, please take it to an Australian Diplomatic Mission in your country, along with your Letter of Offer and all other Australian Government Visa requirements.
We advise it is best that you seek assistance from your agent or the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
For more detailed information on the enrolment process, please review the following:
Brisbane is truly a new world city; a multicultural hub of creativity, innovation, and world-class facilities, boasting the best climate in Australia. As well as being incredibly affordable, Brisbane is also the perfect base from which to explore the country’s amazing tourism hot-spots.
Brisbane is a short trip away from many stunning and exciting destinations. In fact, the city is the gateway to many of Queensland’s finest tourist attractions including the Great Barrier Reef and islands of Moreton Bay. The city is only a one-hour drive from the famous Gold Coast beaches and popular theme parks. To the north you will find the Sunshine Coast and the beautiful heritage-listed beaches and rainforests of Fraser Island.
There is a wide range of accommodation options available to international students studying in Queensland, including:
• Share accommodation with other students, this is a popular option because it reduces expenses and results in a supportive living environment
• Rental accommodation either closer to the CBD or in one of the suburbs surrounding our Brendale campus.
• Students can also live with Australian families who will provide a fully furnished room and up to three meals a day. This is called Homestay, another popular form of accommodation.
Our Campus is located in the suburb of BRENDALE. Brendale is close to a comprehensive highway network, taking you North to the Sunshine Coast (M3); south to the Gold Coast (M1); and into Brisbane CBD. There is also a conveniently located railway station at Strathpine which takes you North to Caboolture with connections to the Sunshine Coast, or South into Brisbane CBD.
Most students want to live within walking distance of the campus but this is not always possible and is usually determined by availability and cost. There is rental accommodation in and around Brendale as well as the surrounding suburbs of Warner, Strathpine, Eatons Hill, Bridgeman Downs and Albany Creek.
A reliable and frequent bus service operates from these areas to Brendale and are far more economical than living in and around Brisbane CBD.
ASG’s Student Support Team is more than happy to assist you in finding accommodation that suits your individual needs.
Find out more about accommodation options in Queensland on the accommodation for students website.
ASG has a fully comprehensive orientation to help you get familiar with the campus and assist you in settling into your new life in Australia with ease. To get you started, please take note of the International Student Handbook which is full of useful information, tips and tricks to help you get settled in.
The International Student Support Team is also available to offer support and assistance in not only helping you settle in, but throughout your entire time at ASG. Assistance and support includes but is not limited to the following:
• Providing information about ASG campus, policies and procedures
• Supplying information about living in Brisbane
• Answering general questions
• Helping with setting yourself up in Australia e.g. accommodation, banking etc
• Supplying information and support with health concerns and Overseas Student Health Cover
• Assisting with community support and multi-cultural services
• Assisting students with student ID cards
• Learning support
• Visa application and complying with conditions