Provide First Aid
The HLTAID011 Provide First Aid course describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty. The training applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Specific licensing /regulatory requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities.
The HLTAID011 Provide First Aid one day course would benefit anyone requiring the skills and knowledge to provide basic first aid and life support to casualties across a range of situations. It would benefit those not only at home, but also in community and workplace settings.
Face-to-face at our Brendale campus
$150 per person
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This course provides both knowledge and practical skills including but not limited to:
- Recognising and responding to a range of emergency situations
- Applying/performing appropriate first aid procedures to a range of people and situations
- Performing CPR in accordance with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines
- Identifying the requirements for reporting first aid incidents including confidentiality
- Demonstrating awareness of the potential need for stress management techniques following an emergency situation