Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
The HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation unit describes the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
This unit applies to all persons who may be required to provide CPR, in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
1 – Day, Face-to-face
Brendale, QLD, 4500
- Recognise and assess an emergency situation.
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders and casualty.
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Seek assistance from emergency services.
- Perform CPR in accordance with the ARC guidelines.
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty.
- Operate an automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturers’ instructions.
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services.
- Report details of incident in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organisational policies.
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required.
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required.