Study 2 Days
in 18 months
Becoming a Diesel Mechanic
Has Never Been Easier
Get fully Qualified in
Don’t wait 4 years at other institutions. Get diesel qualified in 18 months with us. We understand that you want to get into the workforce ASAP. We accelerate the normal course, so you finish quicker with the exact same skills and qualification as everyone else.
Don’t let the cost of upskilling turn you off gaining the skills employers want. At ASG we offer a range of payment options so you can begin study, sooner. With our affordable monthly payment installations, your course cost is payable over the duration of your study rather than one lump sum.
Choosing to study with ASG means choosing experience and knowledge. We offer relevant and flexible courses backed by some of Australia’s industry leaders which gives you peace-of-mind you’re making the right choice for your future.
MEM30205 Certificate III in Engineering
Mechanical Trade (Diesel Fitter)
The MEM30205 Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade (Diesel Fitter) – Accelerated Delivery qualification provides the skills and knowledge required to undertake the repair/servicing and maintenance of heavy earthmoving and agricultural machinery; or the repair, servicing and maintenance of large marine engines, heavy lift vehicles and stationary plant equipment (i.e. lift motors, generating sets etc). It can also include the performance of these duties on engines, cooling systems, automatic transmissions, brakes, clutches, gear boxes, fuel pumps, axel assemblies and electrical equipment related to these items.
The pathway selected by ASG contains 31 units of competency but this can be adjusted to meet individual learner needs, provided packaging rules are met. It is available as a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) pathway. Contact us for a trade recognition or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) options.
Up to 18 Months
Contact ASG for fees
The MEM30205 Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade (Diesel Fitter) – Accelerated Delivery qualification consists of 31 units of competency:
12 Core Units
19 Elective Units
- MEM12023A: Perform engineering measurements
- MEM12024A: Perform computations
- MEM13014A: Apply principles of occupational health and safety in the work environment
- MEM14004A: Plan to undertake a routine task
- MEM16007A: Work with others in a manufacturing engineering or related environment
- MEM14005A: Plan a completed activity
- MEM15002S: Apply quality systems
- MEM15024A: Apply quality procedures
- MEM16006A: Organise and communicate information
- MEM16008A: Interact with computing technology
- MSAENV272B: Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- MEM17003A: Assist in the provision of on the job training
- MEM12002B: Perform electrical/electronic measurements
- MEM18001C: Use hand tools
- MEM18002B: Use power tools/hand held operations
- MEM05007C: Perform manual heating and thermal cutting
- MEM05012C: Perform routine manual metal arc welding
- MEM09002B: Interpret technical drawing
- MEM18024B: Maintain engine cooling systems
- MEM18030B: Diagnose and rectify low voltage electrical systems
- MEM18035B: Diagnose and rectify braking systems
- MEM18044C: Diagnose and rectify drive line and final drive
- MEM18055B: Dismantle, replace and assemble engineering components
- MEM18026C: Test compression ignition fuel systems
- MEM18029B: Tune diesel engine
- MEM18032B: Maintain induction/exhaust systems
- MEM18040B: Maintain suspension systems
- MEM18052B: Maintain fluid power systems for mobile plant
- MEM18041B: Maintain steering system
- MEM18043C: Diagnose and rectify automatic transmission
- MEM18047B: Diagnose and maintain electronic controlling systems on mobile plant
Interested? Talk to us...
18 Month Diesel
Simply fill in your details and one of our student support
staff will be in contact within 12 business hours.