Diploma of Work
Health and Safety
The BSB51315 Diploma in Work Health and Safety qualification is suitable for people who coordinate and maintain the Work Health and Safety (WHS) program in an organisation. It reflects the role of practitioners who apply a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
The course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to investigate health and safety incidents, identify potential safety hazards, manage risks and comply with legal obligations. You will learn how to apply health and safety measures and initiatives to ensure that the organisation complies with work health and safety legislation and workplace policies to deliver a healthy and accident-free work environment to its employees.
It is ideal for those already working in a WHS role looking to upskill and gain career advantage. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available.
The BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety qualification consists of 9 units of competency:
- BSBWHS502: Manage effective WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS503: Contribute to the systematic management of WHS risk
- BSBWHS504: Manage WHS risks
- BSBWHS505: Investigate WHS incidents
- BSBWHS506: Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS508: Manage WHS hazards associated with plant
- BSBWHS509: Facilitate the development of risk-management tools
- BSBWHS510: Contribute to implementing emergency procedures
- BSBMGT502: Manage people performance
Completion of the Core units from the Certificate IV Work Health and Safety or equivalent competencies are a pre-requisite requirement. These are:
- BSBWHS402: Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403: Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS404: Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS405: Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406: Assist with responding to incidents
CAREER PATHWAYS INFORMATION
BSB60615 Advanced Diploma of Work Health and Safety
University entrance with some advanced standing
Completion of the BSB51315 Diploma in Work Health and Safety combined with suitable experience provides the opportunity to become a supervisor/manager or WHS Co-ordinator/supervisor/manager. It may enhance your opportunities when seeking to change careers or to step up to higher level positions within organisations.
Contact us for details.