Australian Skills Group student services unit provides you with face to face customer service to help you access services, advice and information in an easy and convenient way.
We offer a comprehensive range of student services and support, including careers advice, access to libraries across all 7 training centers and counselling services. Some services can be accessed online through this and our Industry skills portal, while each location also has its own resources. Whatever your needs or circumstances, Australian Skills Group has the people, resources and facilities to help you focus on your studies and training.
Australian Skills Group provides a range of support services and courses to help students who are disadvantaged or in need of assistance. If reading, writing or numeracy is a problem for you, ask student counsellors or trainers about our language, literacy and numeracy programs.
You can enrol at any time of during your program of study.
If you need some extra help with your learning, consider that:
- We offer free, tailored support for students. Call in, collect a timetable and make an appointment to talk to a learning support coordinator about your needs
- We have self-paced Information skills modules which will help build the foundation knowledge required for your primary program of study
- Access to libraries across all our locations which in essay writing, research, time management
- Access to tutorial support for all our apprenticeship and traineeship programs
- Access to Career Counsellors at each location who can help you prepare for study and advise how you can develop your skills.
The student handbook is the authoritative source of information on approved courses and programs offered at Australian Skills Group. It includes important information for all ASA students, information for students studying within each vocational training area, and comprehensive details about course content and structure, subject and elective choices, attendance patterns, and RPL requirements.
All students are advised to read and become familiar with the general information section for all ASA students, in addition to their course and course area-specific information. Students should also read and be familiar with the rules and policies of Australian Skills Group.
Please click on links below to access student information: