The Certificate 3 Guarantee – Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation (RII20115) foundation program will introduce you to the skills and knowledge required to perform a range of hands on Construction operations including; timber joints, marking out, fixing materials all whilst using hand and power tools.
Eligibility Criteria applies – contact us for details.
You are required to undertake a Language, Literacy & Numeracy test so if necessary we can support you in achieving a successful course outcome.
This course requires completion of the following 8 units of competency:
- CPCCOHS1001A – Work safely in the construction industry (Construction White Card)
- RIIWHS201D – Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIRIS201D – Conduct local risk control
- RIIENV201D – Identify and assess environmental and heritage concerns
- RIICCM201D – Carry out measurement and calculations
- RIISAM201D – Handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely dispose of non-toxic materials
- RIISAM203D – Use hand and power tools
- RIISAM205D – Cut, weld and bend materials RIIWHS204D – Work Safely at Heights
Potential Career Pathways
Trade assistant, Construction Apprentice, Carpenter, Concreter, Steelfixer, Plasterer, all of which can lead to becoming a licensed Builder.
This course is funded through the QLD Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee program. Eligibility criteria applies. Click here for more details.
$50 Non-Concession, $25 Concession
Refer to the ASG Training Calendar
Course runs monthly, Monday – Thursday 8:30am – 3:00pm
What is Certificate 3 Guarantee?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee – Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation (RII20115) program is funded by the Queensland Government. It provides a government subsidy to support eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate 3 qualification. The Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy for a course is paid to the training provider to reduce the cost of the certificate 3 course to the student. Student contribution fees (co-contribution fees) are additional.
The amount of subsidy provided by the Certificate 3 Guarantee will vary depending on the demand for skilled workers in a particular industry and the needs of the student.