Very practical in nature, the Certificate II In Engineering Pathways course delivers a range of engineering skills fundamental to a range of engineering career pathways. It also provides you with the trade-like skills and knowledge required of workers employed in arrange of different engineering related fields and can be used towards an Australian Apprenticeship program.
Certificate II In Engineering Pathways qualification consists of 12 units of competency:
- MEM13014A: Apply principles of occupational health and safety in the work environment.
- MEMPE005A: Develop a career plan for the engineering and manufacturing industry
- MEMPE006A: Undertake a basic engineering project
- MSAENV272B: Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- MEM16006A: Organise and communicate information
- MEM16008A: Interact with computing technology
- MEM18001C: Use hand tools
- MEM18002B: Use power tools/hand held operations
- MEMPE001A: Use engineering workshop machines
- MEMPE002A: Use electric welding machines
- MEMPE003A: Use oxy-acetylene and soldering equipment
- MEMPE004A: Use fabrication equipment
Potential Career Pathways
- Engineering Apprentice
- Trade Assistant
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Mechanical Fitter
- Fitter Machinist
- Diesel Fitter
3 weeks; Monday to Thursday 8:30am-3pm
Workplace/ Face-to-Face in Brendale
This program is funded through the Queensland Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee program.
What is Certificate 3 Guarantee?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee – Certificate II In Engineering Pathways (MEM20413) program is funded by the Queensland Government. It provides a government subsidy to support eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate 3 qualification. The Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy for a course is paid to the training provider to reduce the cost of the certificate 3 course to the student. Student contribution fees (co-contribution fees) are additional.
The amount of subsidy provided by the Certificate 3 Guarantee will vary depending on the demand for skilled workers in a particular industry and the needs of the student.