Very practical in nature, the Certificate 3 Guarantee – Certificate II In Engineering Pathways (MEM20413) course delivers a range of engineering skills fundamental to a range of engineering career pathways. It also provides you with the trade-like skills and knowledge required of workers employed in arrange of different engineering related fields and can be used towards an Australian Apprenticeship program.
Eligibility Criteria applies – contact us for details.
You are required to undertake a Language, Literacy & Numeracy test so if necessary we can support you in achieving a successful course outcome.
This qualification requires completion of the following 12 units of competency:
- MEM13014A Apply principles of occupational health and safety in the work environment.
- MEMPE005A Develop a career plan for the engineering and manufacturing industry
- MEMPE006A Undertake a basic engineering project
- MSAENV272B Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- MEM16006A Organise and communicate information
- MEM16008A Interact with computing technology
- MEM18001C Use hand tools
- MEM18002B Use power tools/hand held operations
- MEMPE001A Use engineering workshop machines
- MEMPE002A Use electric welding machines
- MEMPE003A Use oxy-acetylene and soldering equipment
- MEMPE004A Use fabrication equipment
Potential Career Pathways
Engineering Apprentice, Trade Assistant, Boilermaker, Sheet Metal Worker, Mechanical Fitter, Fitter Machinist and Diesel Fitter.
This course is funded through the QLD Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee program. Eligibility criteria applies. Click here for more details.
School students are fully funded through QLD Government’s VETis program (Contact us or your VET in Schools Coordinator for details)
$50 Non-Concession, $25 Concession
Refer to the ASG Training Calendar
Monday to Thursday 8:30am – 3:00pm, over 3 weeks
VETis programs for 2017 run over 1 year
What is Certificate 3 Guarantee?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee – Certificate II In Engineering Pathways (MEM20413) program is funded by the Queensland Government. It provides a government subsidy to support eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate 3 qualification. The Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy for a course is paid to the training provider to reduce the cost of the certificate 3 course to the student. Student contribution fees (co-contribution fees) are additional.
The amount of subsidy provided by the Certificate 3 Guarantee will vary depending on the demand for skilled workers in a particular industry and the needs of the student.