In the Certificate II in Construction Pathways provides an introduction to working in the construction industry and could be used in many areas of trade specialisation at a higher level. It covers the basic site safety and trade skill competencies that are fundamental to all construction trades as well as basic carpentry and waterproofing skills.
Prerequisite: White card to work on site.
This qualification consists of 12 units of competency:
- CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCCA2002B Use carpentry tools and equipment
- CPCCCA2011A Handle carpentry materials
- CPCCWP2001A Handle waterproofing materials
- CPCCWP2002A Use waterproofing tools and equipment
- CPCCCM2006B Apply basic leveling procedures
- CPCCCM2010B Work safely at heights
Potential Career Pathways
- Trade assistant
- Certificate III apprenticeship in a construction trade
Monday – Friday over 3 weeks
8.00am – 3.00pm
Face-to-face in Brendale
This program is funded by the Queensland Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee program. A Co-contribution fee applies:
- Minimum age 15 years
- Completion of a Language, Literacy, Numeracy test
- Eligibility criteria applies* Contact us for details
What is Certificate 3 Guarantee?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee – Certificate I in Construction (CPC10111) program is funded by the Queensland Government. It provides a government subsidy to support eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate 3 qualification. The Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy for a course is paid to the training provider to reduce the cost of the certificate 3 course to the student. Student contribution fees (co-contribution fees) are additional.
The amount of subsidy provided by the Certificate 3 Guarantee will vary depending on the demand for skilled workers in a particular industry and the needs of the student.