The Certificate 3 Guarantee – Certificate I in Construction (CPC10111) qualification provides an introduction to the construction industry, its culture, occupations, job roles and workplace expectations. It covers essential work health and safety requirements, the industrial and work organisation structure, communication skills, work planning, and basic use of tools and materials. It is built around a basic construction project.
Particularly suited to VET in Schools programs or learners with no previous connection to the construction industry or relevant employment history, there are no specific job outcomes, but the skills achieved will assist in successfully undertaking a Certificate II pre-vocational program or will facilitate entry into an Australian Apprenticeship
Eligibility Criteria applies – contact us for details.
You are required to undertake a Language, Literacy & Numeracy test so if necessary we can support you in achieving a successful course outcome.
This course requires completion of the following 11 units of competency:
- CPCCCM1012A – Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1013A – Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM1014A – Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM2001A – read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM2005B – Use construction tools and equipment
- CPCCOHS1001A – Work safely in the construction industry
- CPCCOHS2001A – Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCVE1011A – Undertake a basic construction project
- CPCCCM1015A – Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2004A – Handle construction materials
- CPCCCM2006B – Apply basic levelling procedures
Potential Career Pathways
Trade assistant, Construction Apprentice, Carpenter, Concreter, Steelfixer, Plasterer, all of which can lead to becoming a licensed Builder.
This course is funded through the QLD Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee program. Eligibility criteria applies. Click here for more details.
Course runs 1 day a fortnight for 40 weeks
What is Certificate 3 Guarantee?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee – Certificate I in Construction (CPC10111) program is funded by the Queensland Government. It provides a government subsidy to support eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate 3 qualification. The Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy for a course is paid to the training provider to reduce the cost of the certificate 3 course to the student. Student contribution fees (co-contribution fees) are additional.
The amount of subsidy provided by the Certificate 3 Guarantee will vary depending on the demand for skilled workers in a particular industry and the needs of the student.