Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology qualification covers the skills and knowledge required to perform a range of servicing operations on light & heavy vehicles within an automotive service or repair business. It is intended as a pathway into an Australian Apprenticeship & some of the units can be credit transferred to your apprenticeship.
Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology qualification consists of 20 units of competency:
- AURAEA002: Apply environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
- AURASA002: Apply safe working practices in an automotive workplace
- AURATA001: Identify basic automotive faults using troubleshooting processes
- AURETR015: Inspect, test and service batteries
- AURTTA004: Carry out servicing operations
- AURTTB001: Inspect and service braking systems
- AURTTC001: Inspect and service cooling systems
- AURTTD002: Inspect and service steering systems
- AURTTD004: Inspect and service suspension system
- AURTTE004: Inspect and service engines
- AURTTK002: Use and maintain workplace tools and equipment in an automotive workplace
- AURTTQ003: Inspect and service final drive shafts
- AURTTQ001: Inspect and service final drive assemblies
- AURAFA003: Communicate effectively in an automotive workplace
- AURAFA001: Use numbers in an automotive workplace
- AURTTF001: Inspect and service petrol fuel systems
- AURAFA002: Read and respond to automotive workplace information
- AURETR012: Test and repair basic electrical circuits
- AURETR025: Test, charge and replace batteries and jump-start vehicles
- AURLTJ003: Remove, inspect and refit light vehicle wheel and tyre assemblies
Potential Career Pathways
- Automotive Apprentice
- Parts Interpreter
- Service Manager.
Runs over 4 weeks; Monday to Thursday 8:30-3pm
See the Training Calander for class start dates.
Workplace/ Face-to-Face in Brendale
This program is funded through the Queensland Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee program.
What is Certificate 3 Guarantee?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee – Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology (AUR20516) program is funded by the Queensland Government. It provides a government subsidy to support eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate 3 qualification. The Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy for a course is paid to the training provider to reduce the cost of the certificate 3 course to the student. Student contribution fees (co-contribution fees) are additional.
The amount of subsidy provided by the Certificate 3 Guarantee will vary depending on the demand for skilled workers in a particular industry and the needs of the student.