The Certificate 3 Guarantee – Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology (AUR20516) qualification covers the skills and knowledge required to perform a range of servicing operations on light & heavy vehicles within an automotive service or repair business.
It is intended as a pathway into an Australian Apprenticeship & some of the units can be credit transferred to your apprenticeship.
Eligibility Criteria applies – contact us for details.
You are required to undertake a Language, Literacy & Numeracy test so if necessary we can support you in achieving a successful course outcome.
This qualification requires completion of the following 20 units of competency:
- AURAEA002 Apply environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
- AURASA002 Apply safe working practices in an automotive workplace
- AURATA001 Identify basic automotive faults using troubleshooting processes
- AURETR015 Inspect, test and service batteries
- AURTTA004 Carry out servicing operations
- AURTTB001 Inspect and service braking systems
- AURTTC001 Inspect and service cooling systems
- AURTTD002 Inspect and service steering systems
- AURTTD004 Inspect and service suspension system
- AURTTE004 Inspect and service engines
- AURTTK002 Use and maintain workplace tools and equipment in an automotive workplace
- AURTTQ003 Inspect and service final drive shafts
- AURTTQ001 Inspect and service final drive assemblies
- AURAFA003 Communicate effectively in an automotive workplace
- AURAFA001 Use numbers in an automotive workplace
- AURTTF001 Inspect and service petrol fuel systems
- AURAFA002 Read and respond to automotive workplace information
- AURETR012 Test and repair basic electrical circuits
- AURETR025 Test, charge and replace batteries and jump-start vehicles
- AURLTJ003 Remove, inspect and refit light vehicle wheel and tyre assemblies
Potential Career Pathways
Automotive Apprentice, Trade Assistant, Mechanic, Parts Interpreter, Service Manager.
This course is funded through the QLD Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee program. Eligibility criteria applies. Click here for more details.
$50 Non-Concession, $25 Concession
Refer to the ASG Training Calendar
Our next programs starts September 19th, 2017.
Course runs monthly, Monday – Thursday 8:30am – 3:00pm
What is Certificate 3 Guarantee?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee – Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology (AUR20516) program is funded by the Queensland Government. It provides a government subsidy to support eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate 3 qualification. The Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy for a course is paid to the training provider to reduce the cost of the certificate 3 course to the student. Student contribution fees (co-contribution fees) are additional.
The amount of subsidy provided by the Certificate 3 Guarantee will vary depending on the demand for skilled workers in a particular industry and the needs of the student.